As a part of the foundational course program at the Kaleo Institute all undergraduate students are required to complete a 19-37 hour course study of General Education. In each of Kaleo’s Biblical studies programs, students will take courses in general math, basic oral and written communication, science, technology, the humanities, and social science. The ultimate goal of the general studies division is to challenge students to be thinkers, guided by the Word of God who can integrate the standard of His Word with knowledge of God’s created universe and today’s culture.
General Education Core
Within the General Education Division, a common core has been established for all associate and bachelor level students.
General Studies Program Objectives
In addition to the common core listed above, all Bachelor of Arts students must take one year of a foreign language is required in order to receive a Bachelor of Arts in Bible degree.
The following objectives of the Division of General Studies are applicable to all programs offered by The Kaleo Institute and are applicable to the programs listed on pages in this catalog. Our goal is that:
- Students will be challenged to be thinkers, guided by the Word of God who can integrate the standard of His Word with knowledge of God’s created universe and today’s culture;
- Students will develop the essential skills necessary for effective written and oral communication;
- Students will gain a simple understanding of the humanities and be better equipped to explore them through the eyes of Christ;
- Student will gain/demonstrate the knowledge and ability to use basic computer software to produce printed materials, multimedia presentations, and basic accounting.
- Students will receive an overview of scientific research and be able to integrate its findings into a Godly worldview.
The Associate of Ministries includes the following general studies core:
General Studies 19 Credit Hours
: Online Orientation 1 Credit Hour
ENL 102: English Composition 3 Credit Hours
HIS 113: History of Civilization I 3 Credit Hours
HUM 201 Introduction to the Arts 3 Credit Hours
MCS 201: Mathematics For General Education 3 Credit Hours
CNS 101: Introduction to Counseling 3 Credit Hours
SOC 263: Family Systems 3 Credit Hours
The Bachelor of Ministries includes the following general studies core:
General Studies 37 Credit Hours
Online Orientation 1 Credit Hour
ENL 102 English Composition 3 Credit Hours
ENL 103 English Composition II 3 Credit Hours
ENL 151 Classical Literature 3 Credit Hours
HIS 113 History of Civilization I 3 Credit Hours
HIS 114 History of Civilization II 3 Credit Hours
HUM 201 Introduction to the Arts
or HUM 210 Fundamentals of Music 3 Credit Hours
MCS 201 Mathematics For General Education 3 Credit Hours
MCS 231 Principles of Computing 3 Credit Hours
PTH 306 Christian Ethics 3 Credit Hours
PRE 101 Introduction to Public Speaking 3 Credit Hours
CNS 101 Introduction to Counseling 3 Credit Hours
SOC 263 Family Systems 3 Credit Hours